Wednesday 27 October 2010

YIPPEEE... finally!

Okay, so I'll admit it. I'm a big nerd and I love Dawn French. She is a legend, so there.

In the first year of university, I dragged my parents to go and see the fairwell French & Saunders 'Still Alive' tour in London. Yes I'm one of those sad people who actually gets on with my parents and I go out and do stuff with them, Glastonbury 2010/11 included - God I'm cool! It was absolutely hysterical, amazing and everything you can imagine watching those two live, but the problem was, my parents wouldn't let me be a childish fan girl and stick around afterwards to meet the famed duo - I hate it when people still have authority.

Now, after Dear Fatty was released, I geeked out massively and read it in like two days, then of course looked for book signings... I can feel you judging me... please don't!

Anyway I missed the only book signing in opportunity London that was feasible to get to, so I've been dying to make up for the missed opportunity since (this was two years ago by the way)...

I thought I'd found the solution to my nerdy fanatic problem when it was announced good olde Dawn would be at the Cheltenham Literature Festival this year... but no. Of course that IS the weekend my Nan is celebrating her 60th birthday and I have to play the dutiful granddaughter and go home. Cracking.

But alas, finally, after two years... my inner (and occasionally outer) geek has had her prayers answered. I've bullied my fab mother into coming to London with me to go and see Dawn French talk about her new book and first novel, A Tiny Bit Marvelous, as well as a book signing afterwards, HEAVEN!

I don't care what you think... I know I'm cool.

No comments: